The HACC is a private nonprofit organization established in 1936 and its first informal museum was a small collection of donated articles displayed in the loft of the Matthias Barringer log house. Over the years the museum grew and was relocated to various sites until in 1992, in an arrangement with Catawba County government, the museum was established at its present site in the former 1924 county courthouse in Newton, NC. Through its 6 professional and administrative staff, the HACC manages multiple historic sites throughout the County, including the 1924 Courthouse and History Museum in Newton, Bunker Hill Covered Bridge, Historic Murray’s Mill, Harper House and Hickory History Center and several historic cemeteries. The HACC also sponsors the Catawba Valley Pottery and Antiques Festival in the spring as well as hosts various events at their four historic sites.
There are no openings currently.